Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More Juice Please

In the last year juicing has become a regular thing around our house and I absolutely love it!! Here are some reasons why I think it's so wonderful along with some of my favorite recipes. 
I have the classic Jack LaLanne  Juicer from Costco. 


Facts about juicing taken from The Complete Book of Juicing 

  • Juicing increases your vegetable/fruit intake 
  • Your body gets a break from digesting food
  • Quicker absorption of high quality nutrients 
  • Increased energy levels
  • Weight loss
  • Healthier/Clearer skin  

Usually I don't use a recipe for juicing. Typically I use whatever I have on hand and it always tastes great...well almost always :)  What I had on hand today was 
Swiss Chard, Oranges, Apples, Beets, Carrots and Cucumber. 


Always cut your larger fruits and vegetables so they can fit down the shoot.


The final product is a deliciously nutritious meal


Here are some recipes I have tried and loved. 


2-3 celery Stalks 
1 small cucumber
2 kale leaves 
Handful of fresh parsley 
1 small lemon or lime 
1 pear or apple 


1 beet 
1/2 medium sweet potato
3 carrots 


handful of parsley or wheatgrass
2 granny smith apples 
2 kale leaves
handful of spinach 


1 beet with top
2 kale leaves
1/2 cup broccoli florets with stems
4 carrots
1 apple 

Here's to happy, healthy, juicy future 
Ashley 


No comments:

Post a Comment