Thursday, January 10, 2013

Health Bites

I am always looking for some healthy snack ideas. When a friend of mine shared her recipe of health bites I thought I would try them out! 
I have seen similar recipes online but liked this one the best.

2 cups quick oats 
1 cups finely chopped nuts 
4 tbsp wheat germ 
2 tbsp ground flaxseed 
1/2 c dried fruit raisins, craisins 
(I used dried figs chopped) 
1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (optional) 
1 cups peanut butter
1/2 c honey
1 tsp vanilla extract 
Roll in chopped nuts or coconut 

 Let's get started!


Mix dry ingredients 


Add in wet ingredients  


After everything is mixed start rolling them into tablespoon sized balls. 


I rolled some bites in coconut


I always freeze a few and we have enough for about 2 weeks. If I left them all in the fridge then they wouldn't be around long... :) 

Have fun making your health bites! 

Ashley 



No comments:

Post a Comment